RE: XML Schema = obfuscation RE: Is this valid?

i understand henry's points and fully support his work. and i'm also aware
that my comments are coming to the "debate" a long time after it has all
transpired. so i'm not really criticising where we are or why we got here.

it just occurred to me that the end result is not quite as great as i'd
hoped that it might be.

to expand slightly... XML Schema is a text based format, but is effectively
inaccessible without complex tools, which is a significant downside. it
makes the standard reliant on such tools, which is a barrier to its
effectiveness... platform migration... takeup... and ultimately how
successful it can be as a standard. I believe it will succeed (and fully
support it), but its a shame we've had to sacrifice such a valuable aspect.

... and yes, of course i understand that we have reaped -great- benefits in
return for this "price".

i was making a throwaway comment rather than trying to undermine the effort.
i'm been evangelising for xml since mid 1998 and am at last seeing it taken
up here :-)

mark
--
Agile HTML Editor