Re: XML Protocol LC issue 470 resolution

Unfortunately, I can't view your reference [1] to review this -- I get the
following error:
[[
Error loading stylesheet: A network error occured loading an XSLT
stylesheet:http://www.w3.org/2000/xp/Group/xmlp-lc-issues-html.xsl
]]

(Using both Mozilla and Firefox browsers.)

#g
--

At 16:07 29/06/04 -0700, Mark Nottingham wrote:
>Graham,
>
>The XML Protocol Working Group has resolved issue 470 [1], regarding XOP's
>use of media types.
>
>Regarding section 1.2: this was indeed a typo, and we will have it
>corrected in the next draft.
>
>Regarding section 5: we did consider such a solution, but it had the
>drawback that the original media type
>would not be visible at the outer level using Multipart MIME.
>
>In other words, the multipart/related media type only allows a parameter
>to identify the media type of the root part; any parameters of the root
>part's media type must be discovered by examining the root part itself.
>
>Given this, we decided that the current design of XOP regarding media
>types, while not optimal, was the best we could do within the limitations
>of the MIME system.
>
>I hope this satisfies your concern.
>
>Regards,
>

>1. http://www.w3.org/2000/xp/Group/xmlp-lc-issues#x470