Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 10:50:33 -0400
From: Asir S Vedamuthu <asirv@webmethods.com>
To: Jacek Kopecky <jacek@systinet.com>, xml-dist-app@w3.org
Subject: RE: [Issue, March 20th 2002] Locally vs. Globally Scoped

> label is a QName, end of story

+ 1

Asir

-----Original Message-----
From: xml-dist-app-request@w3.org [mailto:xml-dist-app-request@w3.org]On
Behalf Of Jacek Kopecky
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 4:28 PM
To: xml-dist-app@w3.org

 The issue about us keeping the distinction between locally and
globally scoped labels has also been commented on by me in [1]
and Martin Gudgin replied in [2]:
 "We do use the distinction in 3.1.3. I guess we Could just say
the label is a QName, end of story."

 Let me propose that we go exactly this path - just making a
label a qname, and removing the appropriate part of section 3.1.3
which won't be needed then. I'd leave the appropriate changes to
the editors.

                   Jacek Kopecky

                   http://www.systinet.com/

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-dist-app/2002Mar/0137.html