RE: Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-daigle-uri-std-00.txt

Graham Klyne wrote,
> At 06:05 PM 9/7/00 +0100, Miles Sabin wrote:
> > But why should the URI-to-resouce binding be any more
> > constant
> > than the resource-to-entity body relationship?
>
> Because that's how RFC 2396 defines it to be.

But it doesn't. It just says that URIs 'provide a simple and
extensible means for identifying a resource'. It doesn't
follow from that that the same URI can't identify different
resources on different occasions (or even, despite the singular
'a', many resources at the same time if the URI is playing more
than one referring role at a time).

Cheers,

Miles

--
Miles Sabin                       Cromwell Media
Internet Systems Architect        5/6 Glenthorne Mews