Re: Namespace-by-retrieval is consistent and coherent

From: Simon St.Laurent <simonstl@simonstl.com>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 12:09:06 -0400
To: xml-uri@w3.org
Before this proposal goes any further (and I strongly feel that it
shouldn't, at least as a mechanism for determining equality among
namespaces), I'd like to suggest that a change as drastic as dereferencing
URIs, retrieving information, and comparing URIs on the basis of that
information requires a MAJOR revision to the Namespaces in XML spec.

This would be a 2.0, not a 1.1, and I'd expect it to got through the full
process of Working Group formation, draft publication, and approval.  This
is not a minor change that can be easily melded with current namespaces
practice, though it might be compatible with a subset of current namespaces
practice.

Simon St.Laurent
Building XML Applications
Cookies / Sharing Bandwidth