Re: Irony heaped on irony

From: John Cowan <cowan@locke.ccil.org>
Date: Fri, 26 May 100 08:57:02 -0400 (EDT)
To: john.aldridge@informatix.co.uk (John Aldridge)
Cc: david-b@pacbell.net, xml-dev@xml.org, xml-uri@w3.org
John Aldridge scripsit:

> I think that TimBL and DanC believe that a common (if not the only)
> mechanism for finding metadata about a namespace will be to dereference the
> namespace URI.  (If I'm misrepresenting them, I'm sorry, and I hope they'll
> clarify their position).

I don't believe that they believe that.  It is perfectly consistent to
discover facts about a namespace by some means other than accessing its
URI directly.  In particular, RDF can provide information indirectly -- but only
about something that is labeled with a URI.

	Yes, I know the message date is bogus.  I can't help it.
		--me, on far too many occasions