Re: PUBLIC v. SYSTEM not URI v. FPI

From: Michael Mealling <michael@bailey.dscga.com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 16:30:46 -0400
To: Rick JELLIFFE <ricko@geotempo.com>
Cc: xml-uri@w3.org
On Thu, May 25, 2000 at 04:42:32AM +0800, Rick JELLIFFE wrote:
> I think they could, iff the RFCs for each access method defined
> it as a property.  For example, if whatever RFC defines  ftp:
> said "The property of persistance should not be implied about
> a URI that uses the ftp: method".
>
> I haven't checked all the RFCs, but I don't recall that they do
> give this information.  So the problem is not URIs but that there
> is no way to provide a warrant about them.

I'm pretty sure the only one that does is the URN scheme spec which
is RFC 2141 and that's because it was designed with that property
in mind...

-MM

Michael Mealling	|      Vote Libertarian!       | www.rwhois.net/michael
Sr. Research Engineer   |   www.ga.lp.org/gwinnett     | ICQ#:         14198821