Re: Web Architecture, 'XML Autonomy'

From: Simon St.Laurent <simonstl@simonstl.com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 12:21:11 -0400
To: xml-uri@w3.org
At 12:16 AM 5/25/00 +0800, Rick JELLIFFE wrote:
>Tim BL makes interesting statements in
>http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/Meaning.html
>When I first read them, I thought he was just being loose (since the
>documents are
>just sketched out) but in fact it seems he is being exact.
>
>[...citation...]
>
>I cannot imagine that this vision is shared by many people: the more
>common position would perhaps be

It's precisely this disconnection that raises serious questions about 'Web
Architecture' and the need to run this through a formal evaluative
development process.

I suspect Rick's guess as to the ubiquity of the 'common position' is right
on, and not necessarily a problem, either.

Simon St.Laurent
Building XML Applications
Cookies / Sharing Bandwidth
http://www.simonstl.com