Re: A little courtesy, please

At 03:05 AM 5/23/00 -0500, Dan Connolly wrote:
>Your point #4 seems to say quite clearly that you don't believe
>dictionaries (namespaces) belong in the library (the web of
>resources).

I don't think namespaces are dictionaries.  I think they are collections
of names, just like the spec says.  That doesn't mean I don't think
dictionaries are useful and necessary.

If we are going to be analogizing with human languages, I known of no human
language for which one dictionary is adequate to cover the task of describing
all the things dictionaries can describe.  I think it equally unrealistic that
a single URI, pointing to a single definitional/semantic resource (OK, with
conneg as many resources as you have media types) will be remotely adequate to
the problem of providing all the information we want from definitional and
semantic resources in the future. -Tim