Re: Irony heaped on irony

James Tauber wrote:

> > > In my opinion, the best solution would be to remove the confusing
> > > http:// from the namespace name.
> >
> > That would be a good suggestion if we didn't intend to make
> > definitive material about our schema available on demand.
>
> But if one did NOT intend to make such material available, would it not be
> useful for them to use a URI scheme that shared the simplicity of identifier
> generation provided by the http scheme but without the implication of
> retrievability via HTTP?

Yes... as I say, I think mid: works nicely for this. The resulting
identifiers
are not quite as mnemonic, but they're easy to generate.

Oh... I think I neglected to provide references when I mentioned mid:
before...

	http://www.w3.org/Addressing/schemes#mid

> This was the essence of the "hname" URI schema proposal independently made
> by Paul Prescod and myself during the xhtml namespaces debate.

Pointer? I wonder if mid: covers the uses intended for hname.