Re: Irony heaped on irony

From: Simon St.Laurent <simonstl@simonstl.com>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2000 15:56:00 -0400
To: "Tim Berners-Lee" <timbl@w3.org>, "Dan Connolly" <connolly@w3.org>, <haustein@kimo.cs.uni-dortmund.de>
Cc: <xml-dev@xml.org>, <xml-uri@w3.org>
At 01:56 PM 5/20/00 -0400, Tim Berners-Lee wrote:
>...or presumably (4)  the schema document returned on a query of the
>namespace URI
> contains some information in xml-schema and some in rdf-schema.  (and some
>in XHTML for people?)
>
>Isn't this what multiple namespaces in a document can be used for?

It _could_ be, if in fact there was supporting architecture, and a clear
set of assumptions and understandings about how that process actually was
to work.

As we have none of that right now, I'd suggest that option (4) is wildly
premature and in fact a very bad idea.

Simon St.Laurent
Building XML Applications
Cookies / Sharing Bandwidth