Re: The "data:" URI scheme considered helpful

At 04:53 PM 5/19/00 -0400, John Cowan wrote:
>The "data:" URI scheme can be used to serve the purpose of ephemeral
>namespace names quite nicely.  In its simplest form, it is "data:,"
>followed by an arbitrary string of URL-safe characters and %xx escapes.
>If dereferenced, it returns the URL-decoded string as a text/plain document.
>(Try it in your Netscape browsers.)

Hmmm... so if I URL-encoded an entire schema I could put it in a namespace
URI using the data: scheme?  And then use it with XML documents?

Now there's a possibility I hadn't considered before...

Simon St.Laurent
Building XML Applications
Cookies / Sharing Bandwidth
http://www.simonstl.com