RE: schemas and namespaces

At 01:53 PM 5/19/00 -0400, David E. Cleary wrote:
>Well, Dan certainly has his views about what applications should do with
>Namespace URIs and has the abillity to implement those views on the W3 web
>site. I think this is a good thing and I hope others would implement their
>views so when packaging does kick off, there is real implementation
>experience.

I'd rather see that implementation come from someplace other than the W3C
web site, where experimental practice may be confused with normative behavior.

As someone pointed out, the namespaces spec 'blesses' the use of HTTP URIs
by defining one for XML itself, without every explicitly discussing the
issues that raises.  I fear this is an instance with similarly complex
implications - which may block, rather than assist, the development and
implementation of packaging.

Simon St.Laurent
Building XML Applications
Cookies / Sharing Bandwidth