Re: Toward the self-describing web [was: Irony heaped on irony]

From: John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 12:33:19 -0400
To: John Robert Gardner <jrgardn@emory.edu>
CC: xml-dev@xml.org, David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>, xml-uri@w3.org
John Robert Gardner wrote:

> Granted, this analogy resolves, perhaps, a "straw man" fallacy--not quite,
> but close, to a rhetorical 404--on my part as stated, viewed in
> retrospect.

(Meta-comment:  this is a great example of the tendency to use "resolve"
to mean "access", contrary to RFC 2396, and which makes me avoid "resolve"
in the 2396 meaning in favor of "absolutize", even though it is barbarous.)

--

Schlingt dreifach einen Kreis um dies! || John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>