Re: the case of two bats

At 10:33 AM 5/16/00 -0400, Dan Connolly wrote:
>I'd like to discuss this issue in more black-and-white terms;
>here's an example that has clarified the situation for at
>least a few folks:

I hate to be so blunt, but I think I'd fire anyone who produced a system
where the actual contents of documents would change if files were moved
from place to place.  It might be convenient for the document creators, but
I don't think I could possibly justify that in a production environment,
even ones that weren't necessarily 'mission critical'.

>Web Architecture, as I understand it, says that no, the two
><bat/> elements are associated with different points
>in the Web, and that the stylesheet should produce

What exactly is this 'Web Architecture' that keeps getting thrown around?

Is it:
http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/Architecture.html

If so, there's not a whole lot of meat there for us to work with, and it
feels like 'Web Architecture' is being used as a convenient but unexplained
'bludgeon'.

Simon St.Laurent
Building XML Applications
Cookies / Sharing Bandwidth