Re: Are *relative* URIs as namespace nemes considered harmful?

David Carlisle wrote:

> Incidentally is there a canonical base URI for a file on my filesystem
> (say /users/davidc/file.xml)?

No, because a file corresponds to an entity body.  There may be and often
are multiple resources (file://, ftp://localhost, ftp://canonical.host.domain)
sharing the same entity body.

> If relative namespace URI are allowed, and namspace names are taken to
> be absolute, is it clear what is the namespace of xxx in
> file.xml if the content of the file is
>
> <xxx xmlns="abc"/>

It depends on how the file is fetched by whoever is doing the interpretation.

--

Schlingt dreifach einen Kreis um dies! || John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>