Re: Re Deprecate/Undefined (was Request for status dump and issues check)

This is an issue which came up at the onset of this list, but for which
I've not yet seen a conclusion: is the namespace-name inheritance path
that of
a) physical entities,
b) logical documents, or
c) logical entities?

I my attempts to comprehend the discussion here, I've understood the
assumption to be (b), but I must admit, that I'm uncertain and I
certainly don't understand whether the sematics specified for a document
navigator's or server's interpretation of HTTP relative URL references
is appropriate for a namespace-aware processor's intpretation of
relative namespace names. The latter process would appear more likely
concerned with a concept model from the respective application domain
than with the kind of model of locations which would prevail where the
concern entity retrieval or delivery.

In any case, RFC1808 would appear to this reader to leave an lot of
leeway as to how the base URL might be established and to permit a
namespace processor to implement relations much more closely related to
the modeled concepts that the relations likely to follow from the
physical entity structure.

As such, I would think the "work" quite worthwhile - once one decides
what the relations hould be.