Re: Deprecate/Undefined (was Request for status dump and issues check)

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Carlisle" <david@dcarlisle.demon.co.uk>
To: <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: <xml-uri@w3.org>
Sent: Sunday, June 25, 2000 6:07 PM
Subject: Re: Re Deprecate/Undefined (was Request for status dump and issues
check)

> I am not sure being allowed but undefined really helps.
> Why not just forbid, if that's what you want?

Forbid is less preferable, IMHO, because:

- It implies that some software out there (a parser? a DOM implementation)
  is enforcing the rule that relative URIs are forbidden.
  I *know* that the DOM WG doesn't want to go near this ...
- It "breaks" the quasi-mythical documents out there that use
  namespaces with relative URIs.