<a:b:c> and xlink

   On Fri, Jun 23, 2000 at 08:24:18PM +0100, David Carlisle wrote:
   > fails to have an infoset,and does not work with xpath (thus xpointer
   > xlink etc), doesn't it?

    Just to raise teh fact that XLink does not depend on XPointer,
   thus xpointer yes, xlink no.

   Daniel

Perhaps I misunderstood, but it seems to me that unless a document
conforms to the namespace rec then the namespaced xlink attributes
are not going to get recognised, so documents that have element names
with two : can't be used with xlink can they?

(ie same result, but not quite for the reason stated)

Note this is different from the situation with xml:base as that using
the magic xml prefix doesn't require namespace processing to be
recognised, so xml:base can work with documents that don't conform to
the namespaec rec.

David