Re: Language = Namespace. was: How namespace names might be used

Dan Connolly wrote:

> Julian Reschke wrote:
>
> > 1) The XSLT namespace name is an URI ref that currently points to an HTML
> > document "describing" the XSLT namespace,
>
> no, it points to a resource which is represented by an HTML document
> describing it.

That seems to me to be a statement about the world as you believe it ought to be,
but not a statement about the world as it is.  Certainly nothing in the namespace
spec states or implies that the namespace name is an HTML document of any kind,
let alone an HTML document describing the namespace.  Indeed, the namespace name
need not belong to the http scheme at all.

Paul Abrahams