RE: Banning relative - No real damage?

The specification of x-schema is that it takes a URL reference that locates
the schema. As such the absolute URI of the form

x-schema:http://myserver/myschema.xdr

is both absolute as URI and for resolution,

x-schema:#schema

is not absolute for resolution.

How this differs from file:///foo is not clear to me. The second case above
is also designed to be used for resolution on a single system. We (not I but
the people designing XDR) defined the semantics of x-schema to be a
reference to a schema without implying a schema at the end of a HTTP URL
reference.

Regards
Michael