Re: Banning relative - No real damage?

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Rys <mrys@microsoft.com>
Date: Thursday, June 08, 2000 8:38 PM
Subject: RE: Banning relative - No real damage?

>Please note that the relative schema references (XDR and not XSD) are
>expressed using an absolute URI that conveys relative resolution semantics
>(using the x-schema "protocol").

That is broken.  You can't do that.  A[n absolute] URI cannot be relative -
it
is all you need to quote to refer to something.  It seems to be an attempt
wriggle around the absolute/relative question but it isn't a URI.  (What
happens
when I bookmark such a thing?!).  Could you fix it in future releases?

(Don't be confused with file:///foo which is a URI which is designed for use
on a sungle system, and not designed for interchange across systems
Some have refered to this as relative, but that was not the intent.
There is no assumption that a file:///foo URI has any meaning on any other
system
or should ever be transmitted to another file system)

Tim BL