Re: 1343 messages later

On Tue, 13 Jun 2000, Simon St.Laurent wrote:

> Reading this again, I'm realizing the genius of Microsoft's proposal, which
> lets Tim and I both feel right, papers over the current philosophical
> battle, and lets us all go back to work.

It lets everyone *except me* go back to work, you mean.  As editor of
Infoset, I can't accept creative ambiguity, or echo it.  I have to
have a definite resolution: what does the Infoset expose?
(It has to expose the overt attribute value in any case, so this
means "does it expose an absolute URI + locator, or not?")

	"You need a change: try Canada"  "You need a change: try China"
		--fortune cookies opened by a couple that I know