Re: On, and on, and on...

> I don't think it was a mere typo, but I wish it had been addressed
> then.

also whoever wrote in section 1:

...or which are in external entities which have different effective base URIs.

was fully aware that relative URI references were allowed as namespace
names and that

xmlns="foo" in one document and xmlns="../foo" in a document in a
subdirectory are different namespace names even though they produce
to the same absolute URI by the procedure in the RFC.

Unless we are to believe the whole phrase was produced by a slip at
the keyboard?

David