Re: Common Sense! Was: Re: The 'resource' identified by a namespace name URI should be the namespace

At 21:08 06/06/00 +0100, David Carlisle wrote:
>This isn't just a philosophical point it has practical effect
>
>the document
>
><DavidCarlisleWasHere xmlns="mailto:timbl@w3.org"/>
>
>is a conforming document and the local name and namespace name will be
>reported as my name and your mailbox URI by any namespace aware
>system.

Yeah -- what he said.  And to make the point a bit more blatantly, the document

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<JohnPassedThroughToo xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" />

is perfectly valid too.  It won't validate against the XSLT schema, but it
does validate against my schema.

Note 1:  I expect howls of protest here from the people who believe that a
namespace "is" a language.

Note 2:  I'm not suggesting that this particular example is a good piece of
design.
--
Cheers,
John