what "huge problem" with XML Base? [was: red/green XML]

At 10:03 2000 06 06 -0400, Tim Berners-Lee wrote:
>From: Jonathan Borden <jborden@mediaone.net>
>> There also exists a red/green problem with absolutization. It depends on
>>whether a parser implements XBase. A document which is parsed using an XBase
>>conformant parser might not be well formed (red XML), while the same
>>document parsed with a current parser will be well formed (green XML).
>
>I agree that that is a huge problem with XBase.  (Ha anyone made that
>comment formally?)

I fail to understand this.

Please provide an example of a document that, when parsed using an
XML Base conformant parser, is not well-formed, whereas when parsed
with an XML Base unaware parser is well-formed *under the same
assumption of how relative namespace names work*.

I do not believe this to be the case.

Whatever we decide to do with relative namespace names and whatever
we decide about whether XML Base affects relative namespace names,
given a decision, I do not see how awareness or lack thereof of
XML Base can affect well-formedness.

paul