RE: Banning relative - No real damage?

David, are you referring to things like:

Example

This example creates a script block with a namepace prefix of "user" and
containing a function called 'xml' that takes a node list as an argument.
Later, this function is called from the select attribute of xsl:value-of.

                xmlns:msxsl="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt"
                xmlns:user="http://mycompany.com/mynamespace"
                version="1.0">
  <msxsl:script language="JScript" implements-prefix="user">
    function xml(nodelist) {
      return nodelist.nextNode().xml;
    }
  </msxsl:script>

  <xsl:template match="/">
    <xsl:value-of select="user:xml(.)"/>
  </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

Where do you see a relative URI reference here?