Can we get past these @#X! axioms?

At 05:34 PM 6/2/00 -0400, Michael Mealling wrote:
>> Maybe XML 2.0 could
>> define a canonical base for such cases without revising 2396, but I'm not
>> (personally) sure the axioms hold up or make sense in the context of
>> document processing anyway.
>
>Then, IMHO (and  its very humble) the document processing shoudl change,
>not the axioms...

Humble perhaps, but this axiom business is worth reconsidering if in fact
the Web is developed through consensus, rather than mysteriously handed
down from heaven.

Humility sometimes involves more than accepting what's given.

Simon St.Laurent
Building XML Applications
Cookies / Sharing Bandwidth
http://www.simonstl.com