Re: Moving on (was Re: URIs quack like a duck)

On Thu, Jun 01, 2000 at 10:25:36AM -0400, Paul W. Abrahams wrote:
> Michael Mealling wrote:
>
>> I'm becoming more comfortable with creating a new attribute that
>> does identify the namespace in the URI sense of identification.
>
> Glad to hear that.   One of the most compelling arguments for a
> new attribute is that it relieves the pressure on the xmlns attribute
> to be all things to all people.

Help me clarify some things:

The viewpoint of 'namespace as differentiator only' is that it
only has to be unique within what scope? The document, the application
or the universe?

-MM

Michael Mealling	|      Vote Libertarian!       | www.rwhois.net/michael
Sr. Research Engineer   |   www.ga.lp.org/gwinnett     | ICQ#:         14198821