Re: RDF/XML/Internet Collisons, Process (was Moving on)

At 04:58 PM 5/31/00 -0400, Simon St.Laurent wrote:
>I'm hardly claiming that namespaces are useless - they are in fact great
>for 'language mixing' in a lot of different contexts.  That's a property of
>naming things, however, not a property of making things 'first class objects'.

OK, I see I mis-understood your claim.

My instinct --but this is not a well-baked engineering argument-- is that
if one starts to admit fragmentation of the space of "things that can be
named", including namespaces, then the architectural framework begins to
crumble...

#g

Graham Klyne
(GK@ACM.ORG)