Re: Decryption Transform processing question

On Tuesday 16 July 2002 04:09 pm, merlin wrote:
> I am speaking specifically of section 4.3.4; I would propose:
>
> * Perhaps drop item 1. If no version is specified, the
>   default is, I believe 1.0; we've already dropped the
>   default UTF-8 encoding. C14n doesn't produce this either.
> * Drop item 2.
> * Drop the DOCTYPE (and XML declaration) from the two XML fragments.
>
> To be honest, I would have no qualms about making these changes
> and no other. If you feel text is necessary, then I would suggest
> that 4.3.3 simply notes that the serialization process should not
> emit entity references as these may not be available during
> subsequent parsing.
>
> My main concern is simply that 4.3.4 cannot be implemented on DOM,
> and we don't handle general entities anywhere else in the XML
> security specs.

I believe in parallel messages Takeshi is indicating that the changes are
not necessary (at least for his implementation) [1] and some text noting
that care should be used "when emitting entity references" [2]. However, to
be clear, perhaps Takeshi could reply specifically to your points and
propose then (depending on how they are addressed) text on the emitting
entity references.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-encryption/2002Jul/0019.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-encryption/2002Jul/0020.html