Re: Decryption Transform processing question

r/reagle@w3.org/2002.07.16/14:12:15
>On Monday 15 July 2002 08:06 pm, merlin wrote:
>> C14n isn't necessarily right because it will not output entity
>> declarations. I was hoping to punt to the serialized form that X was
>> constructed from; but, of course, there may not have been an original
>> serialized form.
>>
>> Actually, that's a problem: Our defined wrapping (emit entity
>> declarations) cannot be implemented on DOM; DOM does not expose that
>> information.
>
>As an aside, I agree C14N won't emit the entity declarations, but if you
>have a DOM tree parsed from an instance that did, the declaration and the
>content of the external entity should both be available to you -- I think.
>Philippe?

http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/REC-DOM-Level-2-Core-20001113/core.html#ID-527DCFF2

  Interface Entity

  This interface represents an entity, either parsed or unparsed, in an
  XML document. Note that this models the entity itself not the entity
  declaration. Entity declaration modeling has been left for a later Level
  of the DOM specification.

I could be misinterpreting the text; I'm not sure. DOM level
3 has the same language in it. The raw DocumentType will be
available, but I'd rather not peer into it.

Merlin