Re: Semantics of xenc:EncryptedData/@Type

On Thursday 03 January 2002 11:40, Christian Geuer-Pollmann wrote:
> Do I have have to flag an error if I try to decrypt (or encrypt)
> xenc:EncryptedData/@Type="&xenc;Content" which has siblings? Or should we
> specify that @Type="&xenc;Content" only means that the decrypted content
> is possibly not well-formed (which I would prefer).

I'd argue that since we reference [1] it must merely match that XML BNF
production which means that siblings are fine though the decrypted content
might not be well-formed. This leads me to believe that we should add some
text to 4.1.5.1 akin to:

( Note: If the /+plaintext encrypted is &xenc;Content which has sibling
elements+/ or the EncryptedData element is used as the root element of a
new document and its Type is 'content' the plaintext resulting from
decryption may not be well-formed.)

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/REC-xml-20001006#NT-content