Fwd: Re: xenc schema question

I forgot to cc the archive on this email. The question of the schema for
ds:DigestMethod is in my editorial Q but awaiting some feedback.

Subject: Re: xenc schema question
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 12:53:11 -0500
From: Joseph Reagle <reagle@w3.org>
To: "Blair Dillaway" <blaird@microsoft.com>
Cc: "Eastlake <Donald.Eastlake@motorola.com>" <dee3@torque.pothole.com>,
reagle@w3.org

On Tuesday 11 December 2001 12:16, Blair Dillaway wrote:
> Looking at http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlenc-core/xenc-schema.xsd, I get the
> XML enc schema but some of the 'Type' definitions aren't present and I
> don't see an import to include them.  Also, don't the KeySizeType and
> OAEPParamsType need to be qualified in the xenc namespace?

Yep, some crumbs fallen between the cracks between Don and I since this is
in section 5.

1.  KeySizeType is now ns qualified in the spec and schema.
      <element name='KeySize' minOccurs='0'
               type='xenc:KeySizeType'/>
2. I moved the schema to  base64Binary (I presume Don changed it in a edit
and I didn't change those in the schema.)
   <element name='OAEPparams' minOccurs='0' type='base64Binary'/>
3. In the schema I commented out the ds:DigestMethod because it leads to an
ambigous content model. (The validator finds a ds:DigestMethod and doesn't
know whether to match it agains the any or the ds:DigestMethod.) This is
awkward, but it's the result of using any. Don, what would you like to do
with it?

<complexType name='EncryptionMethodType' mixed='true'>
    <sequence>
      <element name='KeySize' minOccurs='0' type='xenc:KeySizeType'/>
      <!-- <element ref='ds:DigestMethod' minOccurs='0'/> -->
      <element name='OAEPparams' minOccurs='0' type='base64Binary'/>
      <any namespace='##other' minOccurs='0' maxOccurs='unbounded'/>
    </sequence>
    <attribute name='Algorithm' type='anyURI' use='required'/>
  </complexType>