RE: XMLP/XMLE Use cases and processing models

Hiroshi's example seems excellent to me.  I note that the Header is actually
in the SOAP-SEC namespace, and knows about encryption.  Further the header
block is the SOAP-SEC:Encryption element, so dispatch is possible based on
either the element or the namespace.  Finally, there is an explicit actor.
And SOAP uses the actor to do dispatch.  In reality, your example #4 is
actually not really related to encryption.  It's related to what the
SOAP-SEC intermediary does.

My concerns have been about the case where a vocabulary that knows nothing
about encryption has a portion of an instance encrypted, and keeping the
namespace name and root element of the vocabulary as if encryption didn't
occur is "fibbing" about the namespace.  Imagine if SOAP-SEC did NOT know
about encryption, yet had encrypted content, how would a dispatcher know to
decrypt content?  This is also assuming there is no explicit soap actor.

See my different message today on my proposal for an XMLE content-type and
wording on documents containing XMLE content must provide meta-data if
decryption is required.

Cheers,
Dave