Re: Decryption Transform processing question

Takeshi answered my question off-list (I'd misread the example in Appendix
A) -- thanks.

However, I have another question: What is the intended purpose of step 1
(same as below) in the decryptOctets(X, e) function? Since e will not be
replaced with the result of the decryption, serializing X doesn't really
seem necessary....

Ari