Re: EncryptionMethod in XMLEnc and SignatureMethod in XMLDSig

I still could not understand the algorithm substitution attack on XML DSig
if the SignatureMethod is ommited. The application expects that the
signature
will be generated using algorithm A (this algorithm is is *hard coded* in
the application context). Suppose that someone generated signature using
algorithm B.
If application successfully validates this signature using *hard coded*
algorithm A
then IMHO it's the same as if an evil guy simply "guessed" the signature
for
algorithm A. IMHO, this simply means that algorithm A is weak and must not
be used as signature algorithm at all (evil guy can guess signature
*w/o* keys!!!)

Aleksey.