From: Dournaee, Blake [mailto:bdournaee@rsasecurity.com]
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2001 9:39 PM
To: XML Encryption WG
Subject: CarriedKeyName

Hello All,

I have a question/comment.

From what I understand the CarriedKeyName attribute is meant to identify
a given <EncryptedKey> structure. If this is the case, why not simply
rely on the Id attribute of <EncryptedKey>? As far as I can tell,
CarriedKeyName doesn't really identify a recipient. The Id attribute can
provide the same functionality with one less attribute.

Blake Dournaee
Toolkit Applications Engineer
RSA Security

"The only thing I know is that I know nothing" - Socrates