Re: Latest Rough Draft

Just to close, I think I addressed most of these issues in:
         [1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-encryption/2001Apr/0016.html
except for:

At 19:06 4/16/2001 +0900, Takeshi Imamura wrote:
>3.2 The CipherData Element
>
> >       <choice>
> >         <element ref="ds:Transforms" minOccurs="0"/>
> >       </choice>
>Why <choice> is used here?

I think this is now fixed in:
        [2] http://www.w3.org/Encryption/2001/05/11-proposal.html
where we discussed this last week, and I arbitrarily created some children
of CipherData as it required fewer edits for the time being. (In the text, I
didn't have to go change all the references to CipherData when it's spoken
of generically).

>3.4 Extensions to enc:KeyInfo Element
>
> >1. The EncryptedData or EncryptedKey element specifies the associated key
> material:
>The key value may be indicated by specifying the X509Data element for the
>corresponding public key.

You and Blair had subsequent exhanges on this list, and I think we're all
happy to add some clarifying text.

>3.4.2 The KeyRetrievalMethod Element
>
> >The KeyRetrievalMethod element provides a way to express a link from an
> EncryptedData element to the EncryptedKey element containing the key used
>needed to decrypt it.
>Does this mean the KeyRetrievalMethod element must not occur within the
>KeyInfo element of an EncryptedKey element?

I was hoping someone else would pitch in on this. I don't think so.
EncryptedKey does carry some data, and it is encrypted in a key which might
have a KeyName, or be locatable using KeyRetrievalMethod. The fact that the
data is also a key is unimportant from this point of view I think. (See:
         http://www.w3.org/Encryption/2001/05/11-proposal.html#sec-ReferenceList-KeyRetrievalMethod-NameKey
)

__