RE: Signing and Encryption

At 09:01 1/23/2001 -0800, Philip Hallam-Baker wrote:
>Maybe what this is pointing to is that the model of separating signing and
>encryption might not be as neat as people thought... We may need an element
><crypto> as container for all the signature and encryption data.

What would the contents be? A list (stack) of references to Encryption and
Signature elements? If you add a signature or encryption, push; if you
remove one, pop? Two issues:

1. order might not always be important (if I encrypt two sibling element
seperately order isn't important, but won't hurt anything unless this
deprives the application of some functionality...)
2. this information will probably then want to be signed or encrypted, we
fold back in on ourselves and things are quite complex...?

__
Joseph Reagle Jr.