Re: Signing and Encryption

At 16:55 1/22/2001 -0500, Yongge Wang wrote:
>I guess the problem is that we have already had an XML-DSIG recommendation,
>and there is no such kind of information in that recommendation.

As a FYI, XML Signature is a Candidate Recommendation. If people in this WG
thought that we could solve the related problems by confused and complex
contortion in this WG, or a simple tweak there, we could propose the tweak.
Even though there is a huge cross-over in the people involved, it might not
be accepted and it'd still have to go by the larger community and the  W3C
Director because of Signature's mature status. However, it could be done,
but not to jump the gun: I'm not sure if we have such a proposal yet...

__
Joseph Reagle Jr.