Re: Possible Erratum in XML 1.0 Fourth Edition Specification

Joel Merritt a écrit :
> In the [88] Digit definition in  the XML 1.0 Fourth Edition
> Specification, the character range [#x0BE7-#x0BEF] starts with a code
> point whose last digit is #x7 and not #x6 like several other ranges.
> Upon investigation, http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U0B80.pdf defines
> #x0BE6 as "TAMIL DIGIT ZERO", so it seems that the range should be
> [#x0BE6-#x0BEF].

U+0BE6 TAMIL DIGIT ZERO was added to Unicode in version 4.1, March 2005
(cf. http://www.unicode.org/Public/5.0.0/ucd/DerivedAge.txt).  It did
not exist in 1998 when XML 1.0 was originally published.

XML 1.0 was based on the then current Unicode 2.0, leaving out U+0BE6
was not an error and we cannot now enlarge the range to [#x0BE6-#x0BEF]
by way of an erratum.

--
François Yergeau