Re: Errata for XML 1.0, 4th ed. and XML 1.1, 2nd ed.

Dieter Köhler a écrit :
> Section 4.1, WFC: Entity Declared, last paragraph:
> "... non-validating processors are not obligated to to read ..."
> should be changed to
> "... non-validating processors are not obligated to read ..."

Good catch, thanks.  This will be flagged as an erratum and corrected in
an eventual new edition.

> In section 5.2, last paragraph:
> "Applications which require DTD facilities not related to validation
> (such as the declaration of default attributes and internal entities
> that are or may be specified in external entities ) SHOULD use
> validating XML processors."
> the first "not" seems to be wrong and the sentence contains a
> superfluous space before the closing bracket. It should be changed to:
> "Applications which require DTD facilities related to validation (such
> as the declaration of default attributes and internal entities that are
> or may be specified in external entities) SHOULD use validating XML
> processors."

The first "not" is correct and intended.  DTD facilities such as
attribute defaulting have no impact on validity.  But if an application
relies on them, it should use a validating processor even though it has
no interest in assessing validity.

The superfluous space will be flagged as an erratum and corrected in an
eventual new edition.  Thanks again.

Your other comments will be addressed soon.

Regards,

--
François Yergeau