RE: More comments on XML 1.0

MURATA Makoto wrote:
> This means that errata cannot reference to newer versions of the
> relevant specs.  Are you sure?

I'm not quite following you.  The 2nd edition says the references were
current when that 2nd edition was prepared.  I don't see a problem for the
errata list to update references when updated references become available.

> > Errr, yes it's a bit vague.  But what about
> >
> > "When an XML processor encounters an element without a
> specification for an
> > attribute for which it has read a default value
> declaration, it is to behave
> > as though the attribute were present with the declared
> default value."
> >
> I prefer "must" or "should" to "to behave" , since "to behave" is
> unclear.

What about "When an XML processor... it must report the attribute with the
declared
default value to the application." ?

Note that this allows the parser to *also* report that the attribute was
defaulted, which is a good thing since the infoset requires it!

I take it that you agree with the wording "for which it has read a default
value  declaration", instead of your list of cases?

Regards,

--
François