Re: End-of-line processing and attribute normalisation

 >Your expertise is required!  Richard Tobin and I have been discussing a
 >possible erratum to erratum E24
 >(http://www.w3.org/XML/xml-19980210-errata#E24).  You can find the thread on
 >the xml-editor list starting at
 >http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/xml-editor/2000JanMar/0016.html.
 >
 >We have clarified a few things, but the question now is why do we want to
 >add "(including a document entity)" to the third bullet?  I recall that you
 >asked for that in a message to XML-Core.  I was convinced then but now I'm
 >puzzled.  Can you please enlighten us?

E24 is based on Michael's proposed text [0].  However, he further
wrote:

>I haven't the foggiest idea why the text specifies
> entity replacements but not the document entity itself.

I pointed out this issue and (probably mistakenly) suggested "(including a document entity)" [1].

I now think that we should drop the third bullet and add "for every external parsed entity
and the literal entity value of every internal parsed entity " after "but after
the end-of-line normalization described in section 2.11 has been performed".

[0] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-xml-syntax-wg/1999Feb/0117.html

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-xml-core-wg/1999OctDec/0033.html

----
MURATA Makoto  muraw3c@attglobal.net