RE: [Moderator Action] Re: XML Language Identifier (fwd)

This looks like a genuine error in the spec.  2.12 points to [IANA], which
refers to the charset registry at IANA, not to the language code registry
(also at IANA).  The reference to the charset registry is needed, it is used
in 4.3.3.  The fix seems to be to expand the [IANA] entry in A.1 to also
cover the lang code registry. Or to have a second entry for lang codes.

I CC'd xml-editor@w3.org to get this erratum in the pipeline (which is
currently blocked, pending the startup of the XML Core WG).

Note that there is already an approved erratum that makes the paragraphs
after production [38] non-normative (RFC 1766 is normative).

--
Francois Yergeau