Re: Nots on XML 1.0

At 03:29 PM 6/21/99 -0500, Mike Smith wrote:
>Very clean document.  It took me a little while to adjust to the
>conflation of lexical and syntactic processing, which makes the
>grammar a little harder to follow, but I assume this is a legacy from
>SGML.

Thanks for the note.  Virtually every one of your comments has been
raised by prior reviewers - an errata update is in the works.  As
for the pattern subtraction, you may be right, but I suspect the
other editors are as disinclined as myself, at this point, to
undertake wholesale grammar re-engineering. -Tim