Re: ISSUE: Description of ImmediateDestination

David Hull writes:

> 0) The first sentence says the ImmediateDestination is the
> immediate destination (ImmediateSender has
> the same problem)

That's the same phrasing used in SOAP 1.2 Request/Response.  I agree it's
a bit unhelpful, but keeping them parallel seems to be of a bit more value
than introducing a difference in one and not the other.

> 2) There is no need to introduce the undefined term "multicast group".

The property takes a single URI.  Per web architecture that single URI
designates a resource.  What would you prefer to call it?  Multicast group
fits with the usage I've heard over the years in building multicast
protocols, but it's been awhile since I did that seriously.  Has the
conventional terminology changed?

>  As far as I know, no MEP specification provides any standard
> means of representing any particular kind
> of address.

The difference here is that we're using a single URI to name some sort of
collection, an issue that doesn't come up with the other MEPs.  In all
cases the means of representing a destination IS specified -- it's a URI.
Here I'm trying to make clear that the means by which the URI of the group
is resolved to its constituent members (the possibly several target nodes)
is not specified.  That issue doesn't come up with the other MEPs, in
which a single URI designates a single destination node.

I'll have to think some about your other proposals.

Thanks.

Noah
Noah Mendelsohn
IBM Corporation