Re: The deep difference between request/response and fire-and-forget

Rich Salz writes:

> Having been (re)educated by our HTTP guru, I now realize that closing
> the connection after sending your HTTP request, but without reading the
> return HTTP response, is a breakage of HTTP...  ergo, don't do that.

As you all know from the message that started this thread, that was my
intuition from the start.  For awhile the trend of the discussion seemed
to be that I might be off base in the common HTTP case, though not
necessarily wrt/ the broarder range of protocols on which SOAP may be
used.   I'm glad that at least some "guru"s agree with my intuition on
HTTP after all.

Anyway, I think this is at least indirectly additional evidence for
keeping the MEPs separate.   I would welcome getting a bit more detail on
the HTTP rules if it's easy to summarize.  Many thanks.

Noah Mendelsohn
IBM Corporation
One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142