Re: Proposed resolution to issue 455

On Feb 28, 2004, at 2:23 PM, Martin Gudgin wrote:

> My understanding of 'none' is that anyone can look at it. But no-one
> can
> remove it.
>
> Specifically targetted blocks ( not 'none' ) can only be looked at by a
> node playing that role.

I have a different understanding :-(. Anyone can 'look' at any part of
the message:

Section 2.6 says "SOAP nodes MAY make reference to any information in
the  SOAP envelope when processing a SOAP body or SOAP header block.
For example,  a caching function can cache the entire SOAP message, if
desired."

However, only those header blocks targeted at roles played by the node
can be processed. IMO use of a Representation header block requires a
node to process the Representation header block, not merely look at it.

Marc.

---